The mission of the library media program is to provide access to information in many formats to students and staff and empower them to use this information effectively and confidently as their needs demand.
- Books may be checked out for a period of 2 weeks, with the exception of Reference Books, which may only be checked out for 1 day.
- Magazines and journals may be checked out by students 3rd grade and above, teachers, staff, and administrators.
- No gum is allowed in the library.
- Use quiet voices.
- Take care of library resources.
- Respect other people.
Schuyler R-1 Elementary Library Media Center will:
- Participate effectively in the school program as it strives to meet the needs of students, teachers, parents, and other community members.
- Give service at all times, in all ways, to all persons.
- Provide an environment that will encourage pupils to be life-long learners.
- Acquire and provide a collection of materials to adequately meet the needs of all students and personal purposes.
- Give thoughtful guidance in the selection of materials desired, for both the curricular and personal purposes.
- Select materials for a wide range of interest, and that will stimulate educational growth and creative living through the years.
- Provide each student with the opportunity to develop a lifetime reading habit.
- Integrate the LMC program into the curriculum by working cooperatively with district level personnel, administrators, teachers, and parents.
- Provide an opportunity, through library experiences, for students to become proficient at information retrieval and to become informed citizens.
- Integrate into the LMC program, concepts important in achieving race and gender equity and which increases students’ understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures.